Tuesday 28 February 2012

DIY: VELVET BANDEAU - DRESS TO TOP

 About a month ago, I added another pretty dress to my overly-grown LBD collection. You name it I have it, lacey, bodycon, leather, floaty and in this case pleated & velvet


During a 'mad one' to try and find something to wear last night, I jumped to my last resort - the scissors - and cut up this gorgeous H&M number. You're probably thinking, "Gosh, she really is crazy!", but I think it turned out pretty well and I've ended up with a rather modern, versatile black bandeau and what's better - the skirt part is still intact! 


To take the dress apart, I simply turned it inside-out, found the stitching keeping the skirt and top together and unpicked it with a tiny pair of scissors. It takes a while, but the results are neat and, in my case, the velvet didn't need hemming


I'm pleased with the result and I know I'll definitely get a lot more wear out of this mini top rather than the slightly 'too young' looking dress.












FAYE XOXO
_______________________________________
p.s. Google Friend Connect is coming to a sad (and really bloody inconvenient) end on 1st March. Therefore, if you still wish to keep up to date with my ramblings and make sure you can see my next DIY project then you'll need to follow me via Bloglovin'. Bloglovin' is an eye-pleasing bloggers community giving you a clean and basic looking blogroll. Click the image below to follow The Fashion Harvest over there -






4 comments:

Monja said...

thank you! im so happy:)
your blog is great, add!
i read that you live in Birmingham, I have family there:)
xo

Monja said...

no, I dont think about the career of the designer:)one day yes, but not now, i dont have a chance and I have to think about the real future :)

Carla said...

wo such a great idea and cool DIY.. it did turn out well!
and, i think, if im not mistaken, you dont have to worry abt GFC coming to and end? cos since you're using blogger as a platform, u wont be affected by the changes. hopefully, cos i'm on blogger too.

Cheers, Carla
misscarlaviolet.blogspot.com

Tanja S. said...

I like yur idea :)